BetterBanking is sustainable
Sustainability means healthy people, communities, and environments, now and in the future. It is key to improve quality of lives, ensure continuity of businesses across industries, protect our ecosystem, and preserve our natural resources.
Our mission to enrich lives, empower businesses, and build communities sustainably through financial service excellence drives our sustainability initiatives. Our BetterBanking commitment is demonstrated by our collective efforts to provide excellent financial products and services, add value at every interaction, act responsibly, and support advocacies that align with our mission. Through our actions and decisions as an organization, we contribute to sustainable growth, and create value for our stakeholders.
How we enrich lives
Caring for our employees health and welfare
- 95% vaccination of employee population (as of January 2022)
- 7,108 full-time employees
- 1,461 employees under CBA
- 903,212 total employee training hours
- 2021 LinkedIn Talent Awards for Diversity Champion and Best Culture of Learning
Bravo Empowered Women Awards
- 34 women leaders awarded (since 2015)
- PHP400,000 advocacy grants given to the following beneficiaries/communities:
- Kythe Foundation, Inc.
- Aklan State University
- Philippine College of Emergency Medicine, Inc.
- Twenty scholars and indigent youth
- Indigenous traditional and contemporary chanters Kalasungay, Malaybalay in Bukidnon (Chanting Kubo constructed)
- Mindanao Trade Expo Foundation
- Women Entrepreneurship Group
- Agape Impact Ministries – Aruga Inc.
How we empower businesses
Contributing to resilience and inclusive progress
- PHP500 million Mirae Asia Energy Inc. – 20.1Mw, FiT-qualified, solar farm in Curimao, Ilocos Norte
- Approval of PHP1.68 billion club loan with ICBC-Jobim Sqm Inc. – 68Mw solar farm in Subic
- PHP1.0 billion First Solar Energy Corp. – 30.5Mw FiT-qualified, solar farm in Leyte
Green Bond Deal Award
· Best Local Currency Green Bond Award 2021, Energy Development Corporation
- PHP12.58 billion initial Public Offering (domestic Co-Lead Underwriter), Filinvest REIT Corp. (FILREIT)
- PHP5.0 billion 3- and 5-year fixed rate bond (Co-Lead Underwriter), Energy Development Corporation
- PHP2.0 billion Club Facility Agreement (Sole Coordinator), HC Consumer Finance Philippines, Inc.
How we built communities
Rising as one-leaving no one behind
Operation Smile Nutrition Campaign
- Fifteen children beneficiaries from Sto. Nino De Baseco Parish, Port Area, Manila and St. John Bosco Parish, Tondo, Manila
- Two of five infomercials disseminated covering cleft lip and palate
The Race to 70K: Virtual Run for a Cause
- 376 employees participated out of the initial target of 250 participants.
- 37 families/185 direct participants benefited from Transform Program.
- 95% rated the activity excellent and very good
Security Bank x St. Luke’s Medical Center’s the Convalescent Plasma Project
112 patients received financial support who could not afford the plasma treatment with 67 of them recovered.
IV Chemo prep room
- Reallocated 2020 Christmas budget to support the project of Helping Women and Others Association (HWAO) to benefit cancer patients.
- Contributed to the construction of two biohood cabinets at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) which will double the number of chemo cocktails for patients in need (from 60 to 120 treatments).
Medical Financial Assistance Program
66 individuals provided with medical financial assistance
Bio-molecular laboratory establishment
90,846 individuals tested for COVID-19
3,259 individuals provided with life-saving support through ambulances.
Our three pillars
We fulfill our BetterBanking promise for our internal and external customers. We provide quality products and services, thoughtful innovation, and good governance that our customers can depend on. We nurture our employees and implement measures that prioritize their health, wellness, and safety, as they work to deliver essential services, even in times of crisis. We commit to meeting our shareholders‘ expectations and delivering financial returns.
We are positioned to be a partner for sustainable growth. As an efficient and conscientious financial intermediary, the Bank contributes to economic development by supporting and equipping a wide range of industries with resources necessary for growth.
Building communities sustainably
We apply a holistic approach to giving. As the country rises as one, we will see to it that no one gets left behind. We invest in the future of Filipino children through education. We advocate for health and wellness, livelihood development, and various community-building initiatives.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
We at Security Bank believe that adopting the framework of the UN SDGs allows us to achieve our mission of enriching lives, empowering businesses, and building sustainable communities.
We have identified four SDGs where we anchor our own #BetterBankingisSustainable journey.
Good health and well-being
Decent work and economic growth
Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Corporate Governance Committee – Oversees and ensures full implementation of the Risk Management Framework; approves the Bank’s Sustainability Framework and Transition Plan.
- Risk Oversight Committee – Board-level committee responsible for the approval and oversight of the Environmental and Social Risk Management System (ESRMS).
- Sustainability Committee – Management-level committee that provides holistic perspectives to ensure consistency and alignment of cross-functional activities, advocates capacity for sustainability strategies, approves external communications, and monitors progress towards attaining our sustainability objectives. Composed of our Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Risk Officer (CRO), various business segment heads, and representatives from Human Capital Management (HCM) and Corporate Communications & Brand (CC&B).
- Sustainability Unit – Headed by a Sustainability Officer (SO), responsible for foundation-building and development of responses on the environmental and social issues relevant to the Bank’s business operations. Serves as a change agent and viewfinder for risks and opportunities, oversees the overarching sustainability strategy of Security Bank, together with the relevant bank units, and ensures that the Sustainability Framework is regularly reviewed and updated as necessary.