How to Apply for a UITF Account Online in 8 Easy Steps
Good news! We’ve recently made changes to make it easier for you to start investing. Through the improved process, you may now submit your UITF account opening kit online via our corporate website.
Read our guide below:
Note: In order to open a UITF account, you must be an existing Security Bank Account holder. If you do not have a Security Bank Account, you may apply online here.
*The Regular Subscription Plan is exclusive to individual clients.
2. Once downloaded, make sure to fill out the forms completely.
4. Once submitted, you will receive an email indicating that your submission has been sent successfully. Take note of the reference number included in the email.
5. An accredited UITF sales personnel will get in touch with you between (2) to (5) banking days and will advise you on the risks associated with investing in UITFs and recommend which UITF products suit you according to your risk profile.
6. The UITF accredited personnel will send you an email containing the information shared during the call. Confirm the details by responding to the email to proceed with the account opening process.
7. Visit your branch of account to review and sign on the UITF Account Opening Kit, the Waiver to the CSQ results (if applicable), and the Money Transfer Form (MTAF).
8. A welcome email will be sent to confirm UITF account opening.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have an existing Security Bank Account to open a UITF Account?
Yes, to be able to open a UITF account you must be an existing Security Bank Account Holder.
- Do I still need to go to the branch to complete the UITF Account Opening Process?
Yes, you would still need to go to the branch to sign the required documents. However, since most of the process is already done online you can either request the branch to print those required documents or have these printed from your home and brought to the branch.
- Is the account opening process the same for both Individual and Corporate UITF Accounts?
Generally yes. However, the main difference between the two is that the Corporate Accounts require additional documents. To learn more you may download our guides here for both Individual Account Opening and Corporate Account Opening.
- If I am an existing UITF account holder and wish to avail a new fund should I accomplish the form?
If you already have an existing UITF account with Security Bank and wish to avail a new UITF fund, you do not need to go through the online form. You may proceed directly to your preferred branch and sign the following forms:
- UITF account opening kit
- Money Transfer Application Form (MTAF)
You may either bring a copy of your signed forms or have these printed by the branch for you.
For corporate accounts, bring a notarized Secretary’s Certificate/Partnership resolution authorizing investment in the Investment Fund(s) and designating authorized signatories for this purpose.
- A welcome email shall be sent to your registered email address to confirm the successful UITF account opening.
Reach out by emailing us at [email protected] Thank you and please stay safe.