Access to world-class learning made possible through 88Tuition, Security Bank partnership

Singapore based e-learning platform 88Tuition’s partnership with Security Bank has led to an increase of users of the platform, especially in the Philippines. From March 30 to June 30, a total of 2,615 parents started using 88tuition’s e-learning platform, wherein 69% of children enrolled accessed primary level topics while 22% accessed the secondary level.

Users were given free access to 88Tuition’s comprehensive library of educational materials and online classes created by some of the best teachers in Singapore. The online lessons were designed to simulate a normal class routine and provided homework that parents could access as well.

“I have been using 88tuition for a while now. So far, I think it is a good learning platform,” said Jericho Apostol, a student from Colegio San Agustin. “It is a fun way to learn new things. And the teachers share much easier and faster ways to learn.”

Jillian Loriega, a third grader from School of The Holy Spirit of Quezon City, said, “I had a nice experience using the application. It is good because after answering the questions, there is an explanation if your answer is right or wrong. It also has video lessons which helps students understand better. Plus, I find it useful as it provides various worksheets that enhance my problem-solving skills.”

86% of the users watched 50 videos at the most, while the remaining 14% watched more than 50 videos ranging from different subjects like Mathematics, Science, English, and Chinese language education. Some parents watched over 400 videos and were satisfied with the effectiveness of the learning platform.

A parent of Jaden San Pedro, a first grader from Right Start Child Learning & Development Center, remarked, “The platform was very helpful. The overall experience was excellent since it gave way for my son to continue learning even if he is on summer break. It helped him learn to manage time daily to finish his lessons.”

The e-learning platform reported a total of 1,000 assessments over the course of the free access period.

Security Bank has been a longtime advocate of promoting quality basic education. Prior to the pandemic, the bank has been actively funding and building public school classrooms. It has also been helping improve teaching and learning standards by conducting training and development programs for teachers. Since the lockdown, it has shifted its initiatives to online learning in order to adapt in the new normal.

“Our partnership with 88Tuition over the last few months shows our commitment to help ease the disruption of classes for children in primary and secondary levels. As part of our advocacy, we will continue to look for effective avenues to provide quality education, especially during these difficult times,” says Security Bank President and CEO Sanjiv Vohra.

The partnership of Security Bank and 88Tuition ran for three months from March to June 2020. Seeing the success of the partnership and its impact towards families, Security Bank is launching an exclusive pricing offer with 88Tuition for Security Bank Credit and Debit cardholders. To know more about this exclusive you may visit Security Bank’s facebook page at facebook.com/securitybank or www.securitybank.com/promos/services/88tuition/

Search