Scholars for Better Communities
External Scholarship Program
Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program aims to provide educational assistance to underprivileged but deserving students studying in Security Bank Foundation partner schools. Security Bank Foundation funds the scholarship while partner schools help in the screening and selection of applicants as well as monitoring the performance of the scholars.
Each scholar is entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he finishes his tertiary course.
- Stipend – Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – No allotment due to “Free Tuition Law”
- Stipend – Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – Maximum of Php 100,000 per year
Note: Financial assistance will be released subject to the maximum amount per year and based on the actual number of months during which the classes are conducted and ongoing.
Non-Monetary Scholarship Benefits
Aside from providing financial assistance, SBFI also extends developmental activities through opportunities for internship, involvement in corporate social responsibility activities, and attendance to learning sessions provided by partner institutions.
Scholarship slots shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting bank operations such as Accountancy, Accounting Information System/ Technology, Internal Auditing, Marketing, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics/ Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science/ Technology, Information Systems/ Technology.
- Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
- Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent currently employed/assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR
8 Partner Schools
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
- Online Application Form (bit.ly/ApplySBFIScholarshipNow)
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
- Birth Certificate
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
For Academic Year (AY) 2022 – 2023:
- Opening of Applications: May 16, 2022
- Deadline of Applications: July 15, 2022
Screening and Selection Process
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective scholarship coordinators of our partner schools/universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone call and email. Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Scholarship Admission Timeline 2022
- July 16 to 31: 1st Level Review (SBFI)
- August 1 to 15: 2nd Level Review (Partner School)
- August 16 to 30: Online Interview
- September 1 to September 15: Final Assessment
- 4th week of September or prior: Announcement of Newly Admitted Scholars
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship assistance commences on the first year of the tertiary course and continues until graduation from the same course.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/load required by the school for each school term.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
Scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester). The following documents must be submitted for renewal:
- Online Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Assessment of fees
- Updated grading system from school or university
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per subject grade requirement)
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to submit renewal requirements on the date of the deadline
- Failure to meet general weighted average
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grade in both academic and non-academic subjects
- Transferring to another school
- Shifting to a non-eligible course
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Availment of another scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
I am currently in college taking up one of the courses you are supporting. Am I qualified to apply?
No. The scholarship is only open for incoming freshmen students.
Do we need to be accepted by the partner school first before we apply to the scholarship?
Not necessarily. Upon application, you may just submit the confirmation of application. The certificate of acceptance from the partner school will be required if the applicant qualifies for the online interview round.
Do you also accept applicants who will be taking courses not listed in the eligible courses?
No. Scholarship slots shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting bank operations such as Accountancy, Accounting Information System/ Technology, Internal Auditing, Marketing, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics/ Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science/ Technology, Information Systems/ Technology.
Do you also accept applicants who will be studying outside of the partner schools?
No. The scholarship is only open to students who will enroll in any of the 8 partners schools namely, Ateneo De Manila University, Chiang Kai Shek College, De La Salle University – Manila, Far Eastern University – Manila, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, University of the Philippines – Diliman and University of Santo Tomas.
I haven't received my grade 12 final grades with GWA yet. What grades am I supposed to submit?
You may submit your grades with GWA for the 1st semester or 2nd grading period. The high school Transcript of Records (TOR) will be asked once the applicant qualifies for the interview round.
I am an incoming freshman but I stopped schooling last year due to financial problems. Am I still qualified to apply?
Yes. As long as you haven’t stopped schooling for more than one (1) academic year.
I also applied to other scholarship openings. Am I still qualified to apply?
Yes. You may apply to our scholarship program while your applications to other grantors are still pending. But, once the results are in and you get admitted to more than 1 scholarship, you will have to choose what scholarship to retain.
I have an existing scholarship from other grantors. Am I still qualified to apply?
I have submitted my application just now and I am worried that I have run out of slots. Are you going to review all scholarship applications?
Yes. All applications submitted within the application period will be reviewed accordingly.
I can't submit the application form because the website asks me to indicate my Tertiary Education Information. As a Grade 12 student, what should I input under these fields?
You should indicate the tertiary course you are planning to take and the school you will enroll in for college.
Are online grades or grades from the school portal accepted?
Yes. Online grades are accepted. However, you should ensure that there is a GWA indicated so the Foundation can further assess your application.
Additionally, shortlisted applicants who will advance to the next round which is the online interview will be asked to submit their high school Transcript of Records (TOR).
Are there guidelines for the portrait photo? Does it have to be formal? Is a 2x2 photo accepted?
Yes, you may submit a 2×2 photo with white background. The photo doesn’t have to be formal as long as you look presentable. Make sure that the photo is in high resolution.
I applied to three partner schools to ensure that I will qualify to at least one school for college. Now that application results are still pending, do I need to submit the proof of application for three schools?
No. Just submit one proof of application, preferably your first choice. A month after the application deadline, you will be asked to update your application profile once you qualify for the second round of screening which is the online interview.
How do I know if I qualify for the scholarship program?
Within the month after the application deadline, the Foundation will contact the applicants whether they qualify for the second round of screening (online interview) or not. Make sure that the contact numbers and email address indicated in the application form are active.