We will not pay for any claim, expenses or loss in connection with:
• lawful confiscation by the Police, Government Agencies, Courts or other government authorities;
• any fraudulent or willful act by You or;
• any motor vehicle, airplanes, boats, automobiles and motorcycles and any equipment, including parts or accessories.
We shall not be liable to pay any claim for losses in connection with:
• animals or plants;
• cash, bullion, negotiable instruments, shares, traveler’s checks, or tickets of any description (including but not limited to tickets for sporting and
entertainment events, and travel);
• consumable or perishable items (including but not limited to food, flowers, drink, drugs, nutrition supplements);
• motor vehicles, motorcycles or motor scooters, watercraft, aircraft and any equipment and/or parts necessary for its operation and/or maintenance;
• Goods purchased for commercial use including items purchased for re-sale or tools of trade or profession;
• access to internet websites, software or data files downloaded from the internet including music files, photos, reading material, books and movies;
• services provided via the Internet such as cinema tickets, air tickets, hotel bookings, car rental, financial advice;
• Goods purchased from a natural person either through a private transaction or an online auction website;
• counterfeit or fake goods;
• loss or damage due to a natural catastrophe, atmospheric or climatic conditions, wear and tear, depreciation, gradual deterioration, water, pollution
or contamination of any kind, manufacturing defects or inherent vice, vermin, insects, termites, mold, wet or dry rot, bacteria, rust, cleaning, servicing,
maintenance, adjustment or repairs;
• losses due to mechanical failure, electrical failure; software or data failure;
• loss of data;
• Goods purchased for resale or items which are used goods, damaged goods or second-hand goods at the time of purchase;
• permanent household and/or business fixtures, including but not limited to carpeting, flooring and/or tiling, air conditioners, refrigerators, or heaters;
• items that You have rented or leased;
• items that were, at the time of purchase, used, rebuilt, refurbished, or remanufactured;
• art, antiques, firearms and Collectible Items;
• furs, watches, jewelry, gems, precious stones and articles made of or containing gold (or other precious metals and/or precious stones);
• the costs or charges which do not relate to any purchase, which You paid for using Your Eligible Card; or
• Goods deemed to be illegal by local government authorities.
1. Notice of Claim: Written notice of claim must be given no later than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the loss or incident. Failure
to give notice within (30) calendar days from the date of the loss incident will result in the denial of the claim. To file a claim, log on to
https://ph.mycardbenefits.com or send a claim notification to:
AIG Philippines Insurance, Inc.
30/F Philam Life Tower, 8767 Paseo de Roxas
1226 Makati City, Philippines
Hotline #: +632 8878 5501
Contact Center Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Except Public Holidays
Email: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Monday thru Friday – 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Languages supported: Tagalog, English
2. Proof of Loss: The Cardholder must provide to the Insurer the following:
a. a signed Claims Form issued by Us;
b. Cardholder’s statement of account or a copy of purchase receipt showing payment of the Covered Purchases which was made entirely with the Eligible Card;
3. Non-delivery: In the event that a claim for non-delivery is paid to You and the original Goods eventually arrives, You shall return all
amount received from Us by reason of this policy.
4. Payment of Claims: All payments to be made by the Insurer shall be paid to Eligible Cardholders in the Philippines and such payments shall be
subject to the laws and regulations in effect in the Philippines.
5. Legal Rights: You will cooperate with Us and help Us to enforce any legal rights You or We may have in relation to Your claim.
6. Fraudulent Claims: We will not be liable if a claim is determined by the Insurer to be fraudulent and all payments made in respect of
such fraudulent claims shall be forfeited at Our discretion.
7. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Policy is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Philippines. Any dispute will
be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Philippines.
8. Sanction Limitation and Exclusion Clause. We shall not be deemed to provide cover and We shall not be liable to pay any claim or provide any
benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose Us to any sanction,
prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or
United States of America.
9. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act: A person who is not a party to this Policy contract shall have no right under the
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act and to enforce any of its terms.
10. Mediation. In the event of any controversy or claim arising out of or in relation to this Policy, or a breach thereof, the parties hereto agree
first to try and settle the dispute by mediation, administered by the Insurance Commission or any recognized mediation institution under its Mediation Rules,
before resorting to arbitration, litigation or some other dispute resolution procedure.