Retail Treasury Bonds (RTBs) are medium to long-term investments issued by the Philippine government. They form part of the Government's program to make securities available to small investors.
See other Fixed Income Securities:
- Treasury Bills (Tbills)
- Fixed Rate Treasury Notes (FXTNs)
- Peso Corporate Bonds
- Dollar Sovereign Bonds
- Dollar Corporate Bonds
Terms of Offering
Looking for a secure medium-term investment? This is for you.
|Issuer||Philippine Government through the Bureau of the Treasury (BTr)|
|Maturity Date||3 Years from Issue Date|
|Issue & Redemption Price||At par (or 100% of face value)|
|Interest Rate||4.25% per annum|
|Denomination||Multiples of P5,000|
Benefits of Retail Treasury Bonds
Retail Treasury Bonds are medium to long term direct and unconditional obligations of the Republic of the Philippines.
They offer fixed quarterly interest income compared to other financial instruments.
Interest payments will be made quarterly, compared to regular Treasury bonds for which interest is paid semi-annually.
They can easily be bought or sold in the secondary market through PDEX accredited brokers like Security Bank.
- Investors will be required to open a peso account or designate an existing peso account with the Selling Agent where interest and principal payments will be made
- Investors must submit to the Selling Agent the requirements for purchasing the RTBs
- At the time of purchase of the RTBs, the Selling Agent will issue an Acknowledgement Receipt / Official Receipt
- Investors will receive a Confirmation Advice to be issued by the Selling Agent a few days after the Issue Date.
- After the public offer period, investors can buy the RTBs from the secondary market at prevailing market prices
- In case investors have to sell their RTBs prior to maturity, they may sell their RTBs through PDEX accredited Brokers like Security Bank. Sale through the secondary market shall be subject to prevailing market rates
Ready to Purchase Retail Treasury Bonds (RTBs)?
Please provide your request on the form to the right.