Other Features and Benefits
your credit card abroad.
- Filipino Citizen and Philippine Resident
- Principal Cardholder must be between 21-65 years old
- Employed as a Regular Employee for at least 1 year
- OR Self-Employed Profitably for at least 3 years
- Gross Annual Income must be at least P1,300,000
- Must have a landline number
- Government-Issued Photo-Bearing ID
- For Self-Employed: 3 years AFS or ITR AND SEC/DTI Registration
- For Employed: Signed COE or ITR or 3mo Payslip with Company ID (front/back)
Credit Card Promos
|Fees & Charges||Platinum|
|Primary Annual Membership Fee||PHP 4,000|
|Supplementary Annual Membership Fee||PHP 2,500|
|Foreign Exchange rate||Security Bank Corporation's prevailing exchange rate for credit cards at posting date|
*Click here for full list of fees
Terms and Conditions
- THE CARD - The CARD issued by SB Cards Corporation is the property of SB Cards, hereinafter referred to as SB Cards. It is not transferable and will be honored by SB Cards Member Establishments only when properly signed and presented by the authorized Cardholder in good standing, and the Cardholder signs the required charge invoice. A Cardholder is in good standing if all accounts for the issuance and/or use of his CARD are current and not overdue, and his privilege to use the CARD is not suspended, canceled, terminated, withdrawn or confiscated and has not expired. The privileges of the CARD may be suspended, canceled or terminated by SB Cards at any time and for whatever cause and the Cardholder agrees to surrender his CARD upon demand to any SB Cards office and/or branch or to its duly authorized representative. The Cardholder agrees to hold SB Cards free and harmless from any claim for damages arising from such suspension, cancellation, termination, withdrawal or confiscation. Continued use of the CARD despite notice of such shall be considered fraudulent.
- RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CARDHOLDER – The Cardholder shall be liable for all purchases and cash advances made through the use of the CARD, including all interests, fees and other charges as provided herein, and hereby agrees to accept and pay for such availments without the necessity of proof of a signed charge slip. For cash advances through any designated automated teller machines that accept the CARD, the Cardholder shall be assigned a Personal Identification Number (PIN) by SB Cards. The Cardholder shall, at all times, keep his/her PIN confidential and shall not, under any circumstance, disclose the same to any person or compromise its confidentiality. Cardholder agrees that all cash advances shall be conclusively presumed to have been personally made or authorized by the Cardholder. SB Cards may change the credit card number and/or expiry date when issuing a renewal or replacement card to the Cardholder. The Cardholder is solely responsible for communicating this change to any party with whom the Cardholder may have payment arrangements. SB Cards shall not be responsible for any consequences from declining any transactions, whether submitted under the old card number or otherwise. Card Replacement Fee is P400 for all cards. The Cardholder shall safely keep the CARD and not use the CARD after its expiry date, upon its suspension or cancellation nor permit anyone to use the CARD for any reason whatsoever.
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE - The Cardholder shall pay an initial processing fee and annual fee, depending on card type applied for, as may be fixed from time to time by SB Cards, in order to entitle the Cardholder to the privileges of membership and the use of the Security Bank Mastercard. All paid membership fees are non-reimbursable even if the CARD privileges are suspended or terminated. This Fee is chargeable once a year on the anniversary date of the account (activation date). Fees are subject to change without prior notice. The following are the Annual Membership Fee of each card: Security Bank Classic Mastercard Primary P2,000, Security Bank Classic Mastercard Supplementary P1,000, Security Bank Gold Mastercard Primary P2,500, Security Bank Gold Mastercard Supplementary P1,500, Security Bank Platinum Mastercard Primary (Single & Dual Currency) P4,000, Security Bank Platinum Mastercard Supplementary (Single & Dual Currency) P2,500, Security Bank World Mastercard Primary P5,000 and Security Bank World Mastercard Supplementary P2,500 (first supplementary card is waived for life).
- NON-LIABILITY - SB Cards shall not be responsible to the Cardholder if, for any reason the CARD is not honored. The Cardholder agrees to hold SB Cards free and harmless from damages arising from the failure of the establishment to honor the CARD. SB Cards does not warrant any merchandise or services purchased by the Cardholder from the establishment. The existence of a claim or dispute against the establishment does not relieve the Cardholder of his obligation to pay the charges incurred through the use of his CARD. A P400 fee per charge invoice shall be charged by SB Cards for the retrieval of such documents. This retrieval fee shall be waived if dispute is valid. This fee is subject to change.
- LOSS OF THE CARD - In the event the CARD is lost or stolen, the Cardholder shall immediately make a phoned-in report of the loss/theft to SB Cards stating the place, date, circumstances of the loss/theft and the last purchases made prior to the loss or theft. The phoned-in report shall automatically free the Cardholder from any liability. A written report should likewise be submitted within 24 hours of phoned-in report to confirm said report and to facilitate replacement. Any unauthorized charges made against the lost/stolen CARD prior to the phoned-in report shall be for the exclusive account of the Cardholder. The Cardholder's failure to report immediately in writing the loss/theft of the CARD to SB Cards after discovery and to state the required information as to the place, date, circumstance of the loss and theft and last purchases made, shall be deemed proof of fraud, and SB Cards and its Member Establishments shall be free and harmless from any and all claims for damages from the Cardholder. A P400 fee shall be charged by SB Cards for the publication of the lost or stolen card for all cards. The fee is subject to change.
- USE OF THE CREDIT LIMIT - The Cardholder shall be granted a credit limit expressed in the Philippine currency (Pesos) based on his personal paying capacity. The credit limit represents the maximum outstanding balance or purchases that a Cardholder may be allowed at any given time and will be shared with all of his SUPPLEMENTARY CARDHOLDERS. The expiration, suspension, cancellation or termination of the CARD shall terminate the credit extended to the Cardholder under this Agreement. The Cardholder's ChargeLight Installment limit forms part of the credit limit. Such ChargeLight credit limit shall form part of the maximum outstanding balance of purchases that a Cardholder may be allowed at any given time if he avails of ChargeLight Installment purchases. The corresponding add-on interest from ChargeLight Installment purchases are part of the Cardholder's ChargeLight Installment limit.Should the outstanding balance exceed the approved credit limit at any given time, SB Cards reserves the right to decline any transaction and/or suspend the credit card privileges of the Cardholder and his/her SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S. The said excess shall be considered immediately due and demandable without need or further notice or demand. In case a Cardholder is issued with two (2) or more credit cards, Cardholder understands and agrees to abide by the condition that SB Cards has the sole discretion, to give the Cardholder a separate credit limit for each of the credit cards issued to the Cardholder or a consolidated credit limit for all cards, expressed in Philippine currency (Pesos). In case of default in the payment of the Cardholder's obligation on one (1) or more cards, SB Cards may at its sole discretion, revoke the Cardholder's right to use all or any of the Cardholder's credit cards.
- STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT - The Cardholder shall immediately inform SB Cards of the non-receipt of the statement of account before payment due date. Absence of any report of non-receipt shall be deemed as confirmation that the Cardholder has received the statement of account. The Cardholder agrees to examine the statement of account and report any discrepancy immediately. If no error is reported within 30 days from the statement date, the statement of account will be considered conclusively correct with respect to the Cardholder. A statement production fee of P50 per page will be charged to the Cardholder if the requested billing statement is more than 3 months old for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum and P30 per page for Mastercard World. The fee is subject to change. All other terms and conditions stated in the monthly Statement of Account shall form an integral part of this Terms and Conditions.
- PAYMENT OF CHARGES – SB Cards shall furnish the Cardholder a monthly statement of account and the Cardholder agrees to pay all the charges on or before the last day for payment as stated in the statement of account. If the last day for payment as stated on the statement of account falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, the balance will be due on the last working day prior to that date. The Cardholder shall have the option to pay an amount ranging from: (1) a minimum payment ("minimum amount due") of either: (a) 4% of his/her total revolvable billing plus all non-revolvable transactions or (b) P500 (or $10), whichever is higher; (2) a maximum payment equivalent to the full amount of the Cardholder's total billing, or (3) any amount between options (1) and (2). For check payments, it will only be posted as check payment and part of the Cardholder's available credit limit once check is cleared. For this purpose, revolvable billing shall refer to all straight charge transactions, unless otherwise stated and determined by SB Cards. If the Cardholder chooses to pay an amount less than that stated in (2) of the preceding paragraph, an interest would be imposed. SB Cards shall compute the interest by adding the daily balances of the Cardholder within the billing cycle. The daily balance will take into account the unpaid outstanding balance, and all payments made within the same billing cycle. The sum of the daily balances shall then be divided by the number of days within the billing cycle, resulting to the average daily balance. To arrive at the interest, the average daily balance is multiplied by the interest rate of 3.5% per month or 42% per year. The following are the interest of each card: Security Bank Classic Mastercard and Gold Mastercard – 3.5%, Security Bank Platinum Mastercard – 3.25% and Mastercard World – 2.5%. Payment will be applied in the following sequence: (1) Billed Late Payment Fee (2) Interest on revolvable transactions (3) Annual Fees (4) Billed other fees/charges such as taxes (5) Billed Cash Advance fees (6) Billed ChargeLight Interest (7) Billed ChargeLight Amortization (8) Billed Cash Advance Transactions (9) Straight Purchases including continuous billing transactions (10) all other unbilled interest, fees and transactions in the same order. Cash payments paid via the Security Bank Auto Debit Arrangement, over-the-counter to any Security Bank or through acknowledged payment centers shall be posted to your account within 2-3 banking days. Note that if the last day of payment falls on a weekend or a holiday, payment must be made on or before the last working day prior to the due date. For check payments, updating of credit limit will only take place upon check clearing. However, for local check payments or for payments coursed through other banks, payments should be made at least three (3) banking days before payment due date. For regional check payments, payments should be made at least eight (8) banking days before payment due date. Check payment is posted only when checks are cleared and payment is already credited to SB Cards' account. Payments due must be received on or before the payment due date reflected on your Statement of Account. Acceptance of payment is considered effected only when checks are cleared and payment is already credited to SB Cards' account. SB Cards shall endeavor to post payments within the aforesaid posting periods. However, system glitches or breakdowns beyond the control of SB Cards may occur, resulting in a longer period before your payments shall be posted and your account updated. For late payments of accounts that are allowed to revolve, the Cardholder will be imposed a late payment fee of 6% for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum and 7.5% for Mastercard World on unpaid minimum amount due or P600 for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum and P500 for Mastercard World, whichever is higher. In addition to this, the 3.5% interest per month or 42% interest per year shall be imposed on the total amount due if the payment is not received on the due date. The stipulated interest shall accrue on all charges that remain unpaid after the last day as stated in the monthly statement of account. This will be computed using the average daily balance method. Failure to pay any two succeeding minimum amount due shall suspend the Cardholder's revolving credit facility, constitute default and shall result in total unpaid balance to become due and demandable. PROVIDED, that if there occurs any upward or downward change in the prevailing market interest rates, SB Cards at its sole discretion may adjust the applicable interest rate upward or downward, and the new interest rate determined by SB Cards shall be the guiding rate of computing the interest due on the outstanding obligation. The interest rate shall be posted on the monthly statement served to the Cardholder. The Cardholder hereby authorizes SB Cards to charge additional service fees as may be deemed necessary in order to maintain its service to the Cardholder such as Card Certification Fee P200 for full settlement of account, P300 for good credit standing for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum, for Mastercard World Free for the first request and P150 for succeeding request, Returned Check Fee P1,000 for peso / USD20 per returned check for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold, Mastercard Platinum, Returned Check for Mastercard World is P500 for peso/USD10 for dollar and Payment Transfer Fee P100 / USD2.50. Further, for Dual Currency Accounts, SB Cards reserves, in the absence of any specific instruction, the right to apportion payments from the Peso to the Dollar Account and vice-versa, without need of further instructions from the Cardholder.
- CORRECTIONS – Cardholder agrees that SB Cards reserves the right to investigate and confirm within a reasonable time in accordance with accepted or standard credit card business practices and procedures any reported error or fraudulent transaction before making any correction in the statement of account.
- AUTOMATIC DEBIT ARRANGEMENT - The Cardholder has the option to maintain a deposit account with Security Bank Corporation, hereinafter referred to as the BANK, at its Head Office at the Security Bank Centre, 6776 Ayala Avenue, Makati City or with any of its branches, through which payment of his account may be made. The Cardholder shall execute and sign a formal authority in favor of the BANK to debit automatically, without notice to the Cardholder, his deposit account for such amounts as may be sufficient to cover the payment of his outstanding balance upon presentation of his account to the BANK by SB Cards. Should his outstanding balance exceed the amount deposited with the BANK, such excess shall become immediately due and payable and the Cardholder shall be considered in default of his obligations to pay the same, as provided in the preceding section.
- DISCRETION – Without giving any reason or notice, and without prejudice to the other provisions hereof, SB Cards has the absolute discretion (a) to refuse to approve any proposed CARD transaction even if there is sufficient credit available; (b) to terminate, suspend or cancel the Cardholder's right to use the CARD; (c) to increase or decrease the credit limit; (d) to refuse to re-issue, renew or replace the CARD; and/or (e) to introduce, amend, vary, restrict, terminate or withdraw the benefits, services or facilities and privileges in respect of or in connection with the CARD account, whether specifically relating to the Cardholder or generally to all or specific cardholders. SB Cards may limit the number of purchases or cash advances which may be approved in one day. If SB Cards detects any unusual or suspicious activity on the CARD account, SB Cards may temporarily suspend the Cardholder's credit privileges until SB Cards can verify the activity.
- CHANGE OF NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER - The Cardholder shall immediately notify SB Cards of any change of his residence, office or billing address. Non-notification particularly if the account is past due may lead to the presumption that the credit card has been used with intent to defraud.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - In the event of any controversy or action arising from this Agreement or any incident thereto which the Cardholder may file against SB Cards, the liability of SB Cards shall not exceed One Thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) Philippine Currency, or the damages actually proven to have been suffered by the Cardholder, whichever is lower.
- AMENDMENTS - Upon written notice to the Cardholder, SB Cards may, at any time, and for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend, revise or modify this terms and conditions or the Cardholder's Credit Line. Any amendment on the terms and conditions will be communicated to the Cardholder prior to the implementation using the appropriate communication channels, such as statement of account, flyers, etc. Any such amendment shall bind the Cardholder upon receipt of notice thereof unless the Cardholder objects thereto by manifesting his intention to terminate his membership in writing and surrendering the CARD within fifteen (15) days from the receipt of notice of amendment. Failure to notify SB Cards of the Cardholder's intentions to terminate his membership and the continued use of the CARD by the Cardholder shall be construed as unconditional acceptance by the Cardholder of the amendments to this Agreement.
- SEPARABILITY CLAUSE - The enforceability and validity of this Agreement, in whole or in part, shall not be affected by the unenforceability or invalidity, whether temporary or permanent, of any particular provision of this Agreement because of restrictive laws, regulations or judicial or administrative determination obtained during any period of this Agreement or for any other cause.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION - Cardholder agrees that SB Cards may disclose by telephone or in writing the nature and substance of all information (except medical) about the Cardholder in SB Cards' files to persons other than the Cardholder. SB Cards may exchange any information about the Cardholder with its affiliates, including any credit or other information obtained from the Cardholder's application or from consumer reports. Information provided by the Cardholder may be used to develop offers that the Cardholder may receive through the mail. Such authorization shall be established by the ability of the person inquiring to provide SB Cards the necessary security information that may be required.
- DEFAULT, ATTORNEY'S FEES, VENUE - In the case of default in the payment of the Cardholder's obligation, the right to use the CARD shall automatically be terminated and the Cardholder shall refrain from further using such CARD and shall surrender the same to SB Cards or its authorized representative on demand. In addition, the Cardholder shall pay a late payment fee of six percent (6%) per month for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum and (7.5%) per month for Mastercard World, or P600 for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum and P500 for Mastercard World whichever is higher, for all accounts unpaid after the last day for payment of account. If collection of the account is referred to a collection agency and/or enforced through court action, the Cardholder agrees to pay the costs of collection and/or attorney's fees equivalent to 25% of the unpaid balance (including interest and service charges), as well as the expenses of litigation and judicial costs. The exclusive venue of all suits to enforce this Agreement shall be in the proper courts of Makati City, the Cardholder waiving all other venues.
- FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANSACTIONS – For transactions made in foreign currencies in the Philippines or abroad, the manner of conversion from the transaction currency to the payment currency (Philippine Pesos) would be automatically made using Security Bank's prevailing exchange rate for credit cards at posting date.
- COMMUNICATION – Cardholder undertakes to notify SB Cards of any additional means of communicating to the Cardholder aside from what is disclosed in the credit card application and/or informed by the Cardholder to SB Cards thereafter; and any changes in the Cardholder's home, office or mailing address, e-mail and telephone number. In case the mailing address is not accessible through mail or delivery, SB Cards has the option to use the other addresses notified to SB Cards. Notwithstanding this provision, the Cardholder agrees that any communication sent to the designated mailing address shall be considered as received by the Cardholder within fifteen (15) days after mailing. Cardholder, pursuant to such undertaking, authorizes SB Cards, at its discretion but without any obligation to do so, secure information from third parties, such as but not limited to utility companies, insurers and financial intermediaries, and receive information on how the Cardholder can be contacted.
- CHARGELIGHT INSTALLMENT PLAN – The Cardholder may avail of in-house and store-level Installment Promotions at selected merchant establishments, with monthly payment options of 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 or 24 months. SB Cards, at its sole discretion, shall determine the rates and available monthly terms. In case of pre-termination or cancellation of the approved ChargeLight Transaction before the end of the chosen repayment period, SB Cards reserves the right to charge P500 to the Cardholder's account as processing fee for the ChargeLight Transaction. The computation of the Interest and the Principal components of the Monthly Installment Due from ChargeLight Installment transactions shall be on a diminishing balance basis and the Interest and Principal portions of the Monthly Installment Due will not be equal from month to month.
- CASH ADVANCE - The Cardholder may avail of cash advances up to 30% of credit limit for Security Bank Mastercard Classic, 50% of credit limit for Security Bank Mastercard Gold, Mastercard Platinum and Mastercard World provided that for both Cardholders, a maximum cash advance limit of P100,000 per monthly cut-off and P30,000 per day shall be imposed. The cash advance limit shall be replenished on the statement cut-off date if payment was applied to the cash advance transaction based on the sequence of payment application set forth in section 9 herein. A service charge of 5% or P500 for Mastercard Classic, Mastercard Gold and Mastercard Platinum and 3% or P500 for Mastercard World whichever is higher will be charged per transaction and shall be applied against the cash advance limit. Service fees are subject to change.
- CROSS DEFAULT FOR CARDHOLDERS - Cardholders in default as defined in Section 9 herein shall be suspended from the privileges of cards issued by SB Cards, SECURITY BANK CORP. and all its subsidiaries. Similarly, Cardholders in default as defined in the Terms and Conditions governing SECURITY BANK and all its subsidiaries shall be suspended in their Security Bank Mastercard and SB Cards privileges.
- SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS - The use of the SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS shall be governed by this Agreement. Any reference to the CARD issued to the Cardholder shall also apply to the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S. The Cardholder and his/her supplementary/ies and/or surety/ies shall be jointly and severally liable for all purchases and cash advances made, including all interest and charges incurred through the use of the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S, as well as for any breach by the SUPPLEMENTARY CARDHOLDER/S of these terms and conditions. Primary and Supplementary CARDHOLDERS share the same credit limit unless otherwise specified. The Cardholder, his/her supplementary/ies and or surety/ies further waive any defense of minority or illiteracy on any SUPPLEMENTARY CARD. Such responsibility shall only cease upon the Cardholder's written request that the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD privileges be terminated. SB Cards may grant the termination, provided all purchases and cash advances made, including all interest and charges incurred through the use of the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD shall have been fully paid and satisfied. In the event of annulment or separation, legal or de facto of the Cardholder and his/her spouse, the Cardholder and/or his supplementary/ies and/or surety/ies shall continue to be responsible for all such amounts incurred through the use of the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S unless the Cardholder requests in writing that the privileges of such supplementary/ies under this Agreement be terminated, provided all purchases and cash advances made, including all interest and charges incurred shall have been fully paid and satisfied at the time of said request.
- ASSIGNMENT - As an inducement to the SB Cards' grant to the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES of the use of the CARD, the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES hereby agree to assign, and does hereby assign, to SB Cards, effective upon the Cardholder's and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY's failure to pay on the Payment Due Date his/her obligation arising from the Cardholder's and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY's use of the CARD(S), any or all monies, securities, bonds, and things of value which are now or may hereafter be in the hands of SB Cards, and any member of the Security Bank Corporation Group of Companies on deposit or otherwise to the credit of, or belonging to the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES, and that SB Cards is hereby authorized to sell at public or private sale such securities or things of value and to apply the proceeds of such sale in payment of such obligation, without need for prior notice to the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES. In the absence of securities or things of value or if the Cardholder's and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY's/IES's outstanding balance exceeds the proceeds of sale, the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES hereby agrees to assign, as it hereby assigns, to SB Cards any deposit the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES may have with any bank or financial institution, to the extent of the Cardholder's and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY's/IES' obligation to the SB Cards, and for this purpose, the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES hereby consents to any inquiry by or disclosure to SB Cards, its duly authorized representative or legal counsel as to any deposit the Cardholder and/or his/her SUPPLEMENTARY/IES may have with any bank or financial institution.
- DELINQUENCY - The Cardholder and his supplementary/ies and surety/ies are jointly and severally liable for all charges, fees and other obligations incurred through the use of the CARD and all SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S and in the event of any future delinquency, the Cardholder and his supplementary/ies and surety/ies hereby authorize SB Cards to report and/or include the names of the Cardholder as well as the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S in negative listings of any credit bureau, institution or other organization.
- ENDORSEMENT TO COLLECTION AGENCY - Should SB Cards opt to refer the account to a collection agency/agent for collection purposes, SB Cards shall inform the cardholder in writing of the intended endorsement to a collection agency/agent, or the endorsement of the account from one collection agency/agent to another, at least seven (7) days prior to the actual endorsement. Said notification shall include the full name of the collection agency and its contact details.
- EXPIRY AND RENEWAL OF THE CARD - Unless earlier terminated by SB Cards, voluntarily cancelled or returned by the Cardholder, the CARD shall be valid from the date of issuance or renewal and shall expire on the last day of the month indicated on the face of the CARD. After the expiration date, SB Cards and its Member Establishments shall no longer be bound to honor the expired card unless the same has been renewed. Renewal of the CARD shall be solely dependent on the discretion of SB Cards.
- SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION - SB Cards reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate the use of the CARD or withdraw the privileges of the Cardholder without prior notice to the latter for whatever reason including, but not limited to the Cardholder's failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions governing the use of the Card, or the assigned Credit Limit is exceeded, or the CARD is not renewed by SB Cards, or the Cardholder dies, or is separated from employment, or in the event of Cardholder's bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership, levy on execution, garnishment or attachment, or in case of conviction by final judgment of a criminal offense carrying with it the penalty of civil interdiction, or final judgment against the Cardholder in a case covered by Article 1198 of the New Civil Code, or the Cardholder is investigated, charged with, or convicted of a violation of Republic Act 8484 otherwise known as the "Access Devices Regulation Act of 1998". In such event, all privileges granted to the Cardholder as well as the SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S shall automatically be terminated and the aggregate unpaid purchases and cash advances made, including all interest and charges of the Cardholder and his/her SUPPLEMENTARY for which the Cardholder is liable shall immediately become due and demandable without the necessity of demand, which the Cardholder hereby waives. The Cardholder and his/her SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S agree to surrender his/her/their CARD/s upon demand to any SB Cards office or branch or duly authorized representative. The Cardholder and his/her SUPPLEMENTARY CARD/S agree to hold SB Cards free and harmless from any claim for damages arising from such suspension, cancellation, termination, withdrawal or confiscation. Continued use of the CARD/s despite such notice shall be deemed fraudulent.
- COMPLIANCE - The Cardholder agrees to fully comply and abide by (i) the terms and conditions governing the use of the card, (ii) laws, statutes and regulations and BSP Circulars relevant to credit cards and credit accommodations and (iii) the provisions of Republic Act 8484 governing the use of the credit card and other access devices in commercial transactions.
- OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS - The terms and conditions, reminders and other provisions contained in the Card, the SOA, ChargeLight Plan Contract, charge slips, Holdout Agreements forms, Card carrier and such other card documents, related instruments or documents are made integral parts hereof by reference and shall likewise be resorted to instances where they are applicable. It is agreed that the terms and conditions herein, as well as the aforementioned terms and conditions, including reminders, rules and regulations promulgated by SB Cards from time to time (the "Other Terms and Conditions") shall govern the use of the CARD and the supplementary CARD/S issued hereunder. Any alteration, amendment, exception, reservation or scribbling herein made by the Cardholder or in the Other Terms and Conditions, not duly approved in accordance with SB Cards' appropriate procedures, shall not be valid and binding upon SB Cards.
- SMS COMMUNICATIONS - The Cardholder hereby agrees that the Bank may send or communicate through Short Messaging System (SMS) at any time without being encrypted and may include the Cardholder's name and other relevant information pertaining to the Cardholder's account. The Cardholder shall declare SB Cards free and harmless from any liability if the information contained in the SMS is accessed by person other than the Cardholder. SB Cards does not guarantee the timely delivery, accuracy, completeness of any information provided through SMS. The Cardholder shall continue to be solely responsible for monitoring the contents of the SMS and his/her handling of his/her account/obligations to SB Cards no less than 24 hours from statement date, through the 24-Hour Customer Contact Center at (02) 88-791-88 for any discrepancies, inaccuracies, or wrong entries.
- TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS - The Cardholder agrees that by calling or accepting calls from SB Cards' 24-Hour Customer Contact Center, its Telemarketing provider, all communications may at SB Cards' sole discretion record all the Cardholder's telephone communications. The Cardholder agrees that by doing so, SB Cards may at its sole discretion use all these recordings against the Cardholder or any third party, or replayed or communicated to any third party, for any purpose particularly as evidence in any proceeding, judicial or administrative. The Cardholder further agrees to waive any right under R.A. No. 4200 otherwise known as the Anti-Wire Tapping Act or any amendments thereto, or any similar law or regulation. The Cardholder agrees to indemnify SB Cards or its Telemarketing provider against any loss, damage, cost, expenses, and fees (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) that SB Cards or its Telemarketing provider may suffer or incur arising from SB Cards or its Telemarketing provider so acting.
- PROMOTIONAL OFFERS - On any occasion, SB Cards may inform the Cardholder about its promotional offers through mail/e-mail/fax/SMS or by telephone. SB Cards may also allow Security Bank, its branches, subsidiaries, affiliates agents, agents, and representatives and third parties selected by any of them and certain companies to offer specially selected products and services to the Cardholder through mail/fax/SMS or by telephone. For this purpose, SB Cards may transfer and disclose selected customer information to Security Bank, its branches, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, and representatives and third parties selected by any of them and certain companies. The foregoing constitutes the Cardholder's written consent for any transfer and disclosure of the Cardholder's name, address, contact details, and other relevant information to SB Cards, Security Bank, its branches, subsidiaries, affiliates agents, agents, and representatives and third parties selected by any of them and certain companies for the purposes indicated above and under applicable laws and regulations.
- MERCHANTS' ACCEPTANCE - If for any reason the Card is not accepted or honored in all Security Bank Mastercard affiliated merchants worldwide, SB Cards shall not be liable to the Cardholder if for any reason the Card is not honored or accepted by any local or foreign merchants, banks, financial institutions or any other persons. The Cardholder shall not hold SB Cards liable for any defective product or service purchased through the Card. Any complaints regarding the purchase of product or service purchased through the Card shall be referred to the merchant and shall not affect the Cardholder's obligation to pay outstanding balances, or to continue paying, if any, to SB Cards. Furthermore, the Cardholder agrees to hold SB Cards free and harmless from any and all claims for damages as a result of the failure of any accredited merchant or any acquiring bank, or Security Bank Mastercard.
- RIGHT TO SET-OFF - The Cardholder agrees that upon his default or delinquency, SB Cards may as his Attorney-in-Fact, in its absolute discretion and without notice, offset the obligations against any of the Cardholder's deposits, money market/trust placements, stocks, bonds and other assets coming to the custody, possession or control of SB Cards, Security Bank, its subsidiaries and affiliates. For this purpose, the Cardholder hereby authorizes and irrevocably constitutes SB Cards as his/her Attorney-in-Fact with full power and authority to inquire about and assert SB Cards' lien or legal claim on the Cardholder's deposits, money market/trust placements, stocks, bonds and other assets in the possession, custody or control of Security Bank, its branches, subsidiaries, affiliates and to apply all or part of the deposits, money market/trust placements, stocks, bonds and other assets to offset the obligations of the Cardholder. Pursuant to the authority granted to SB Cards herein, the Cardholder expressly authorizes the disclosure by SB Cards, Security Bank, its branches, subsidiaries, affiliates of any information related to the funds or properties of the Cardholder in their custody in favor of SB Cards. In the event that any funds of the Cardholder are held by SB Cards or Security Bank, such shall have the right to retain such funds for a period of at least forty-five days from the date of cancellation of termination of the Card and its return to SB Cards and the closure of the Card account. If there are unpaid obligations under the Card, SB Cards is authorized by the Cardholder to automatically apply said funds to the settlement of the unpaid obligations. SB Cards is not precluded from availing of other remedies in case the funds are insufficient to settle the said obligation.
- REVISION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS - SB Cards may from time to time change these Terms and Conditions for whatever reason it may deem proper, amend or revise or modify through Statement of Account, publication, or such other reasonable means as may be determined by SB Cards.
- CARD ACTIVATION – After the approval of the Cardholder's application, the CARD may be automatically activated after delivery to Cardholder even without the written conformity of, or notice to the Cardholder.
- OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE OF OTHER BANK PRODUCT AND SERVICES – The Cardholder, in case qualified for membership or availment, hereby agree and consent to have his/her account/s used for offering of products and services by the Security Bank Corporation and its Subsidiaries, at any time and at its discretion. The Cardholder may avail of consumer loans or additional bank products (but not limited to auto loans, credit cards, etc.) subject to the BANK's terms and conditions. Acceptance of the credit card or the proceeds of any loan released pursuant thereto shall be conclusive proof of his/her additional indebtedness to the BANK under the Terms and Conditions set forth by the BANK prevailing at the time the additional loan is approved.
ADDITIONAL & UPDATED PROVISIONS
How do I avail of Cash Advance? How much can I avail?
You may avail of Cash Advance at any Security Bank ATM using your Cash Advance PIN. Cash Advance PINs are automatically generated upon card activation and will be received by cardholders 7 - 10 days once generated.
You may avail up to 50% of your available credit limit (max. of P100,000) depending on your card type.
Can I use my credit card for installment purchases?
Yes. You may use your cards for installment purchases at participating merchants. Click here for the list of merchants.
Can I request for a credit limit increase?
Yes. You may request for an increase in credit limit if you have owned a Security Bank Credit Card for at least 12 months. Your request will be evaluated based on additional documents that you need to submit (at least one):
- Latest ITR
- Last 3 months payslip
- Certificate of Employment
You may request for a credit limit increase online here.
Can I transfer balances from my other credit cards to my Security Bank credit card?
Yes, we offer our Balance Transfer program at regular rates year-round. You can transfer balances from pretty much any credit card in the Philippines including your BDO credit card, BPI credit card, Citibank credit card, or Metrobank credit card.
You may also check out our Balance Transfer Page for more details.
How do I enroll my credit card to Security Bank Online?
To enroll your credit card to online banking, you need to create an account here.
Activation can be done:
- Via any Security Bank ATM with your Cash Advance PIN.
- Print & send the scanned form to SB Cards via email or to any Security Branch branch.
Your account will be ready for use within 5 to 7 banking days from activation.
Can I use my Security Bank credit card overseas?
Yes, as long as the merchant accepts Mastercard.
Can I use my credit card to pay for online purchases?
Yes, you may use your Security Bank credit card for online purchases - at any merchant that accepts Mastercard.
Can I pay for my utility bills using my Security Bank credit card? How do I enroll?
Yes, you can consolidate all your monthly utility bills (e.g. electricity, water, cable, etc.) through the Bills Assist. Monthly billings will be automatically charged to your Security Bank credit card.
Bills Assist transactions also earn rewards points (except Meralco and PLDT).
Note: Complete Cash Back Mastercard credit cards do not earn points.
How will I be notified of card promotions or events?
There are regular e-mail blasts to be sent to your registered e-mail address. New promos may also be found on your monthly Statement of Account and our Promos & Events Page.
How do I inquire about my balances?
You can get your monthly balances through:
- Self-serve menu at (02) 88-791-88
- Monthly Statement of Account (SOA)
- Electronic Statement
- Security Bank Online
- 24-Hour Customer Contact Center at (02) 88-791-88
Where can I pay my credit card?
You can view all our Payment Centers here.
What should I do if I do not receive my statement of account?
You may check your balances via online banking or eSOA. For assistance you may also contact our 24-Hour Customer Contact Center at (02) 88-791-88
How much is the minimum payment required?
The minimum amount due is 4% of your total revolvable transactions plus all non-revolvable transactions, or Php500, whichever is higher.
For Mastercard World, minimum amount due is 5% of your total revolvable transactions plus all non-revolvable transactions, or Php500, whichever is higher.
When do I get my statement of account?
For electronic statements (eSOA), you will receive on your registered email 3-5 days after your cutoff.
For printed copies, you will receive at your billing address within 7-10 days after your cutoff.
What is the benefit of paying only the Minimum Amount Due? Total Amount Due?
You have the flexibility of paying any amount between your minimum amount due and your total amount due. Interest charges only apply if you pay below your total amount due.
What is the difference between due date and statement date?
The statement date is the last day on which transactions can be posted to your account for that statement. The payment due date is the date when you must make your payment without incurring late fees or other penalties.
How is the interest charge computed?
Any unpaid balance from the previous month (Total Amount Due less Amount Paid), interest charge is applied to that balance. The interest is based on the Average Daily Balance for that month.
Click here for full list of fees and charges.
What will happen if I miss a payment on my credit card?
A late payment fee will be billed to your account on top of other transactions. Click here for a full list of fees. Your account will also have a history of being overdue, and may be reported to credit bureaus.
Is there a grace period if I pay a day or two after my due date?
No. Should your due date fall on a weekend or holiday, we suggest you settle your payables before your due date so as to avoid incurring late payment fees and interest charges.
How do I enroll my credit card to electronic statement?
To enroll in our electronic Statement of Account, you may fill out our online form or you may call our hotline at 88-791-88
What should I do if I lose my credit card?
IMMEDIATELY call SBC's 24-Hour Customer Contact Center at (02) 88-791-88 to report a lost or stolen card & and request for card replacement.
Will I be notified every time I use my card?
No. You will only be notified if there any unusual or out-of-pattern transactions made on your card. We will then request for your confirmation of the transaction to ensure that these are authorized by you.
What is the CVV number?
The CVV number is the last 3-digit number located at the back of your card, on your signature panel. It is mainly used for online or mail order/telephone order purchases. We highly recommend you do not divulge this number to anyone.
How do I earn Rewards Points?
You will earn 1 Rewards Point for every P20 usage on your card. Points earned can be used to redeem rewards items such as airline miles, items, electronic gift certificates. They do not expire. Click here to visit our rewards page.
Where can I check how many Rewards Points I have earned?
Your total rewards points are reflected in your monthly statement of account.
Where can I redeem with my rewards points? How do I redeem?
You can view & redeem your Rewards Points online. Another option is to redeem your points through our Customer Service Hotline.