Underlining its value to the Philippine market, Security Bank is an independent bank with core franchises in Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Middle Market Banking, Retail Banking, and Financial Markets, with a solid niche among the mass affluent Filipino-Chinese community.
These businesses are managed separately to focus on their respective markets and they operate with high degree of synergy with each other.
- Corporate & investment banking focuses on the top corporate, institutional and public sector markets
- Commercial middle market banking focuses on the middle markets & small-and-medium enterprises
- Retail banking focuses on the individual & retail markets, providing deposit taking and servicing, mortgage, auto and personal loans and credit card facilities
- Financial markets focuses on providing money market, foreign exchange, financial derivatives, securities distribution, asset management, trust and fiduciary services
Security Bank is driven by profitability and superior customer service first and foremost, not by size or market share. We in Security Bank will pursue build-up in market share if it increases profitability and shareholder value.
Security Bank is the 5th largest in total assets in the Philippine banking industry, with total assets of Php 532Bn ; 8th largest in loans, with loan portfolio of Php 240Bn; and 8th largest in capital, with capital of Php 53Bn as of December 31, 2015.
Over the period 2007 to 2012 and 2014, Security Bank ranked 1st in return on shareholders’ equity, 1st in return on assets, 1st in cost to income ratio, 1st in asset quality having the lowest non-performing loans ratio, and 1st in NPL reserve cover ratio, among private domestic universal banks.
The Bank invested in the expansion of its branch network and retail banking business to drive future revenues. The Bank’s strategy, execution and results are guided by its strong focus on customer relationships, service quality and shareholder value.
Security Bank now has a total network of 264 branches and 560 ATMs as of March 31, 2016. We successfully completed last March 2015 the integration of all 39 branches of our thrift bank subsidiary, Security Bank Savings, into the branch network of parent Security Bank. These branches now offer the full universal bank product range to our wholesale and retail clients.
As a full-service universal bank, we have key subsidiaries and affiliates that provide specialized financial services.
- SB Cards, our credit card company which was a pioneer in the Philippine credit card industry, having introduced the Diners Club card franchise in the country
- SB Capital, our investment house providing investment banking services to our corporate customers
- SB Equities, our stock brokerage company, one of the top domestic brokerages in the country
- Security Land, our joint venture in real estate, which owns prime property in Makati and land in Cavite
- SBM Leasing, our 60:40 joint venture with Japan’s Marubeni Corporation, which specializes in heavy equipment leasing
- SB Rental Corporation, which is engaged in the business of renting and leasing
In February 2015, we launched the Bancassurance product in partnership with FWD Life, adding to the robustness of our financial services offering.
The strength of Security Bank as a business enterprise lies in its core operating disciplines and track record, as follows:
- Core franchise strength
- Stable funding sources and pro-active capital management
- Industry-leading asset quality
- Strong, experienced management team
- Highly awarded and well recognized brand
- Strategy for sustainable growth
Our strong balance sheet, asset quality, consistent profitability and superior shareholder value are all under the prudent and forward-thinking stewardship of our Board of Directors led by our Chairman Frederick Y. Dy.
Accompanied by a seasoned management team led by our President and Chief Executive Officer Alberto S. Villarosa, with the team having more than 300 years of combined experience encompassing stints in top foreign and local banks, Security Bank will continue to fastidiously adhere to and execute these goals in the years to come.
During the April 28, 2015 Annual Stockholders' meeting, Security Bank had a new President and Chief Executive Officer in the person of Alfonso L. Salcedo, Jr. Alberto S. Villarosa was elevated to Chairman, while Frederick Y . Dy was appointed Chairman Emeritus.
Security Bank is a highly awarded and well recognized brand. We take pride in the fact that our strategy, execution and results over the years have been recognized by reputable organizations and publications around the world.
Over and beyond the pre-eminent awards, the strongest testimonial comes from our customers. We in Security Bank take great pride in the fact that our customers continue to trust us to take care of their business and financial needs and well-being.
Our strategy for sustainable growth is simple, and that is, we stick to, and further build on, our strengths and disciplines that have made us a strong, sound and well managed Bank that we are today.